Friday, April 25, 2014

Dad


Dad
Alone downstairs, he sits
Waiting for his wife and child; that’s me
“Hi dad” I say
He looks up and his eyes focus
“Hello Larry,”
“Let’s walk,” I say
“The Sun’s out”
“Birds are singing”
“And there’s a breeze.”
We walk for several blocks’
Slowly like two penguins.
We chat about the past
Until I leave into the future.

Into the Land Unknown
My eyes come wide open
My arrogance is shattered,
As I awaken in the unknown land.
I feel cautious as I move forward,
In my journey through darkness.
I find strength within
From what I learned from dad
When we fought our stress together
After Spring the air got warm
Each time we saw the sun rise
We smiled together
And stepped further
Into the future,

Dad’s Gone Now
 I now have two sons with whom I walk.
Every other week when the weather’s right,
I meet the two young men
And as we walk together
I understand more about my dad.

And hope my son’s understand me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! Glad you stopped by. Love to hear what you have to say.