Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Bear's Night Journey


A Bear’s Night Journey

When I started to travel this night
It seemed to be a very quick decision.
But I knew it would be all right,
My eyes are adapted to nighttime vision

I usually make these decisions alone
But this morning our group was called together
By our leader who said in an ugly tone
“You must bring more food before bad weather.

We almost always have food availability
And can fill up on fish and rabbits.
Next to our leader I have the best ability
But sending me off hunting is one of his habits

Tomorrow I must go through a human field
They have come to see all bears as danger
There is nothing I can do to make them yield
Then there will be a problem with the local ranger

But the journey has now begun


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! Glad you stopped by. Love to hear what you have to say.