Thursday, February 28, 2013

Dream World


Dream World


This painting is my first fully imagination-based project. It is a reflection of dreams that have arisen and encouragement from my Fine Arts graduate wife. Until recently most of my paintings have come externally; copying photo representations of people, animals and landscapes.
Along the way I have had a growing desire to be “creative.”  And one of the things art advisors tell us is not to end a painting project by dumping acrylic leftovers into the sink.  So, a few days ago I began this project. In addition I recently have occasionally been able to actually manipulate dream characters while I’m still asleep.
So, a few days ago I began this project by applying “left over” paint to a canvas on the other side of the room. The next day the paint began to reflect specific images as I added more paint.  This evolved into a plan for the whole project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! Glad you stopped by. Love to hear what you have to say.