Saturday, January 26, 2013

The Bald Eagle Speaks


The Bald Eagle Speaks


Being one of North America’s largest Birds
 The feeling of responsibility is almost beyond my words
My over 7000 feathers help me keep from harm
And during the winter they keep me warm.

I am a symbol of freedom and escape from strife
Independence is the symbol of my life
Yes among birds I seek be in charge.
That’s in part because I am very large.

You humans need examples that I will share.
Once I got a wife I was always be there
Even though she’s bigger than me
She does not try to scare,

So, while there still those who like to shoot me
I will continue to be one of America’s beauties
And fly through the air on life long duties
And sing; My Country Tiss of Thee









No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! Glad you stopped by. Love to hear what you have to say.